Mount Ascutney Regional Commission is pleased to announce supplemental funding for the Clean Water Design & Implementation Block Grant funded by the Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation’s Clean Water Initiative Program (CWIP). As in the initial release, this additional funding will support the design and implementation of clean water projects throughout the state of Vermont.
The additional funding available for the project cost and program delivery is approximately $1,174,000 and the deadline for project completion has been extended to October 1, 2023.
MARC’s funding allocation for project implementation is as shown below and does not include program delivery. A minimum of 1/3 of each funding category must be awarded to projects <$50,000 (excluding match and program delivery).
Stormwater: 3-Acre General Permit Compliance $354,844
Natural Resources $221,283
Entities eligible and ineligible to receive /administer CWIP funds:
A project’s primary purpose must be to improve water quality by reducing nutrient and sediment pollution. Project eligibility will be determined based on the new FY21 Clean Water Initiative Funding Policy and can be found on pp. 11-29. We encourage you to review this new policy before applying, as there have been some modifications in project eligibility and match requirements. Projects on private properties also have new requirements.
Eligible project types by sector are listed in the revised tables below. (Note that a subgrant agreement with MARC may have additional deliverables depending upon agency project screening):
MARC expects to be releasing a new Request for Applications soon and will be posting it here and distributing the release through our regular channels. If you have not participated in this program in the past and want to be sure you are on our email distribution list, please email your contact information to email@example.com.
For our current subgrantees, these new FY2021 policies do not affect your current agreements. Please continue to send all materials and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are in the process of updating our application, subgrantee and guidance materials below.
Application Materials (Currently being updated)
- Design/Implementation Block Grant Application Form (Round 4)
- Project Locator Map Instructions (updated 12/15)
- Budget Template
- Project Readiness Screening Form (updated 1/11/21)
- DEC Technical Staff Project Review Form (updated 1/14/21)
- Confirmation of Match Commitment Letter Template
- DIBG Eligible Project Types
- Application Checklist & Document Order
- Application Submission Guidance & Changes (updated 1/11/21)
Sub-Grantee Resources (Currently being updated)
- DIBG Project Types-Deliverables, Performance Measures & Milestones
- Act 154 Certificate of Good Standing
- *NEW* DIBG Subcontract Approval Request Form (4/7/21)
- Subcontract Pass-through Language
- Sample Draft RPC-Town Agreement Template
- Quarterly Progress Report (updated 9/15/20)
- Interim Report Template
- Invoice Template (updated 3/25/21)(must download a copy to edit)
- Final Performance Report-Attachment E
- Form 430-M
- Final Report Stormwater BMP’s
- Operation & Maintenance Plan & Agreement Template
- Letter of Commitment to Next Steps Template
- Final Report Photo Format
- Guidance for Content of Final and Preliminary Design
- Support document for Project Implementation Invoicing
- Support document for Municipal Project Implementation Invoicing